Criticker: Now Accepting Television Series

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
lisa-
192 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Criticker: Now Accepting Television Series

Post by lisa- »

VorpalKitten wrote:
forehead1 wrote:I'm worried it'll adversely affect my TCIs, even if I choose not to rate TV shows myself.

Shouldn't it not affect your TCIs at all so long as you don't rate any tv shows yourself?

it might if someone's rankings of TV shows changed their tiers significantly.

however, i can't imagine this would be very likely. in order for TV rankings to affect one's PSIs a lot, you need not just one person to have significantly different movie and TV tastes, but many of your highest TCIs must have this quality, enough that a large number of them would drop in your highest TCI rankings. furthermore, it must be the case that the new TCIs that took their place would have greatly different movie rankings than these old ones.

i cannot imagine all of these factors occurring.

stuie299
42 Ratings

Post by stuie299 »

I love the idea of being able to rate tv shows. I also fully support not rating individual seasons. The only problem I have is TV shows being mixed in with my movie ratings. It would be nice if there was a separate page for tv ratings. I don't want them to effect my film tiers at all. So as of now the best solution would be to create a second account?

Okkervil
372 Ratings

Post by Okkervil »

stuie299 wrote: The only problem I have is TV shows being mixed in with my movie ratings. It would be nice if there was a separate page for tv ratings. I don't want them to effect my film tiers at all.

Agree with this. My urge when viewing my own or others ranking is to immediately view TV Shows separately from everything else or remove TV from normal rankings. Further separation of Film and TV down the line would be good. For instance it feels like the Favorites link on users home page should now be two links; one containing Favorite Films and another for Favorite TV Series.

djross
10 Ratings

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velvet Crowe
1139 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

Since you guys seem to accept stuff like the "Nostalgia Critic" and "Half in the Bag," shouldn't you add a web series tag for them? Calling them TV series is a bit silly.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

when it comes to tv series, i dont rate them.. i mostly need a tool to keep me up to date so i dont miss any show or episode. just rating shows seems a bit... "useless" to me. unfortunately the best tracking is from Ukraine lol, so i need to use the google translator -.-