Finally It's Here: Mobile-Friendly Criticker

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
MacSwell
Your TCI: na

Re: Finally It's Here: Mobile-Friendly Criticker

Post by MacSwell »

mpowell wrote:
Maaxwell wrote:Rankings page is currently looking a little messed-up.

Thanks for the catch -- it was due to a typo introduced during a little bit of last-minute "cleanup". Should look better now, can you check again?

It looks better but it's still sitting below the "Filters" box rather than to the right of it.

The ability to add posters (to those films without them) seems to have disappeared as well.

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

Alright, we'll be tackling these one at a time :)

djross wrote:Ads appearing where they shouldn't be appearing.

This should be fixed now, I think. Let me know if it's not!

djross

Post by djross »

Yes, that's fixed, thanks. I added some other problems to my previous posts, so just a mention that they're there.

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

bof wrote:And another thing, the search box seems messed up; when I click in it, the grey italic "Search criticker" text doesn't disappear, I have to manually delete it before typing in my search term. When I do, the search term is still in grey and italics and it doesn't seem to autosuggest anything before I hit "Go". It does give me the correct search results after that, though.

This might actually provide a clue as to why the dropdowns aren't working on some devices. You're using Chrome, so I think you should be able to hit ctrl+alt+j to see the "Console" in the developer tools. Can you either write down, or take a screenshot of anything that looks suspect, and send it to support@criticker.com?

djross

Post by djross »

On another note, but I may as well mention it here, the "Starred Reviews" page just uses a "Next" button to navigate pages, but there really needs to be a "Jump to Page" button (which I believe there used to be, if I recall correctly). When you are on page one of 913, you can guarantee you will never see page 913.

I just figured while you're making a list of things to do, hey, why not add one more thing?

Enjoy!

djross

Post by djross »

Using iPad, if I'm on the profile page, and I click one of the buttons like "Best TCIs" and so on, or if I click on one of my messages to read it, it causes the drop down menus to vanish.

Similar problems occur on other pages, using iPad. For example, on the database page, clicking something like "Genre" or "Country" causes the drop down menus to vanish. Even just clicking in a text box causes the menus to vanish.

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:On a film's page, the graph that shows the scores for different countries isn't working properly: it doesn't list all the countries represented on the graph.

I think this should be fixed now, can you take another look?

djross

Post by djross »

Yes, graph of countries working correctly now.

td888

Post by td888 »

Yes, yes, you guys are the best. It works great on my mobile devices. No more continuous scrolling to the left and right. Also the desktop site looks and response feels much slicker. Great work!

Now, my last wish: excluding genres when searching the Criticker film database....

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:Using iPad, if I'm on the profile page, and I click one of the buttons like "Best TCIs" and so on, or if I click on one of my messages to read it, it causes the drop down menus to vanish.

Although we haven't been able to reproduce this, yet, we did identify a place we could strengthen the code that hides/displays menus. Could you check again and see if it looks any better? Please make sure to ctrl+refresh to get the new CSS and JS.