Revamped Title Information Page

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
glifosfato
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Revamped Title Information Page

Post by glifosfato »

mpowell wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:38 pm
boomdiddly wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:30 pm
Is there any way to opt back to the old format? I'm guessing there isn't, but I personally found the old format to be more aesthetically pleasing and focused on what features I use this platform for. I'm sure there are many who will love the new features, but for me this change was a bit saddening.
Yes, you should be able to switch back to the legacy version -- you should see a link that says "Switch to Old Version" on the lefthand side of the page.
That is greatly appreciated, and I hope this feature won't be eventually deprecated, since the familiar old-school interface is the reason I use Criticker instead of its many competitors.

monclivie
64 Ratings

Post by monclivie »

It looks nice, but still, thank you so much for the Switch to Old Version button and allowing everyone to adapt in their own pace. While I understand your intentions to refresh the look for new generations of users, as someone who has spent more than 15 years here, this site feels like a home to me and it's nothing pleasant when someone suddenly starts rearranging things in your home that you are comfortable and familiar with, giving you no choice, so I'm very grateful for not going the "surprise! here comes the change you didn't ask for, we love it so get used to it or leave" way as IMDb, BOM and many others did.

Deadmarsh
231 Ratings

Post by Deadmarsh »

Not a fan of this change. I see much less of the information I want to see on a single page view and I have to scroll much more or open new pages to see the information.

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Deadmarsh wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:37 pm
Not a fan of this change. I see much less of the information I want to see on a single page view and I have to scroll much more or open new pages to see the information.
100% spot-on !
Definitely not an improvement but a colossal change for the worse. :cry:

Ununnilium
82 Ratings

Post by Ununnilium »

Firstly, as a long-time user, this is going to take some getting used to, but I think I'm going to enjoy it in the long term. :>

Secondly, one thing I noticed is that even high-scoring PSIs are in red, rather than the color they'd be in my ratings. Is this intentional?

AFlickering
288 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

Ununnilium wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:26 pm
Firstly, as a long-time user, this is going to take some getting used to, but I think I'm going to enjoy it in the long term. :>

Secondly, one thing I noticed is that even high-scoring PSIs are in red, rather than the color they'd be in my ratings. Is this intentional?
sounds like a bug, i'm not having this issue.

thanks for the hard work as always! my only request right now while browsing on desktop: on detailed ratings view can we have the option of more entries per page? 25 isn't really enough when i'm wanting to quickly scroll through my kump ratings and there's 100 of them (but i also don't want to have to click to view reviews so detailed is my only option). i also think the entries are unnecessarily tanky in this view, there's a happy medium between this and the compact view IMO. i've currently got the site zoomed out to 80% just to make it feel more scrollable. i'm curious to know if others agree or it's just me though.

i believe the kumpel average rating is also missing right now, which i use pretty regularly when making watchlists and whatnot. can you make it so the avg on the top right changes to this when you click the kumpels tab?

Harmonica
0 Ratings

Post by Harmonica »

I appreciate the improved design and modern aesthetic. I am not so fond of there being much less visible information on pageload and requiring multiple clicks and scrolling to find everything... I like how efficient the old-view is at delivering a density of info at first glance, no extra clicks required - so overall I don't find this change to be as user-friendly as it could be. Thank you for adding the option to use the old version.

On the old version I can see and edit my entire review, can see all the movie information (full cast, alt title, country, etc) and four or five+ reviews from my top PSIs (plus the entirety of the other reviews are convenient to scroll through). That's on load with no extra clicks. (for reference I am using Calibri at 15px).

Also it was very useful to have all the reviews for a film on single page, not just for ease of skim-reading, but so that we could search for keywords and see if reviews discussed certain topics, or to quickly see reviews of particular users. It would be good if there was a link to load all of them as before (maybe in a basic low-bandwidth mode, if necessary?)

I do like having the extra details pages for the option of really digging into a film, and am sure this will offer more functionality. I also like seeing more stats and being able to find similar films is great.

Maybe a (optional?) 'condensed' view with the new aesthetic but similar layout to the old could be a happier medium? (if I have to zoom out or manually set the font to achieve this kind of pagination, that is fine, I just in general rarely want to be clicking and browsing to more pages).

Also, I find tiers much more powerful/informative descriptor than percentiles - they let people say effectively 'films from this percentile to this percentile are roughly equivalent', thus doing the work of telling me what 'in the 61st percentile' actually means to them, which is what I care about when reading their review. As a stats nerd I enjoy seeing the percentiles, but would rather see users tiers, or have them there in addition.

AudreyMedia
164 Ratings

Post by AudreyMedia »

Deadmarsh wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:37 pm
Basically my thoughts, I tend to prefer compact high info design and I liked the original look

frederic_g54
0 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

I understand why some users aren't particulary excited in using the revamped title page, personally I welcome these changes with open arms. Congrats on all the work you've put in!

For now, the only small adjusment I would suggest is moving the "More information at IMDb" button to the top, right beneath the 'Director' and 'Starring' info. Personally, I like to access IMDb related info in an efficient manner, without having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a title page. The spot where that button is currently located feels rather weird and inefficient. Thank you for considering this!

maddog
424 Ratings

Post by maddog »

mpowell wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:38 pm
Yes, you should be able to switch back to the legacy version -- you should see a link that says "Switch to Old Version" on the lefthand side of the page.
I'm not seeing any such option and I'm not a fan of this format- the scoring and listings are so large and blocky it's much less convenient. But I don't see any 'switch to old version' option.

Edit: found it, had to go to an actual entry and scroll down to bottom left to find it- FYI to someone else who may wonder as well.