Outer Wilds (2019)
Outer Wilds is an open world exploration action-adventure indie video game. (wikipedia.org)
Developer: Mobius Digital
Publisher: Annapurna Interactive
Outer Wilds belongs to 9 collections
1. Game Pass for PC (public: moderated by howabe - 3 stars)
2. Myst-like (public: moderated by Veterini - 1 star)
3. Giant Bomb GOTY 2010-2019 (public: moderated by caffe)
4. BAFTA Best Game winners and nominees ~o~ (public: moderated by 5Z5qjRCfM2)
5. 2015 Independent Games Festival Finalists & Winners ? (public: moderated by 5Z5qjRCfM2)
6. Astronaut protagonist (public: moderated by Veterini)
7. Top 100 PC Gamer - 2021 (public: moderated by Veterini)
8. Timeloop Games (public: moderated by Veterini)
9. kaffekask Games Collection (private: caffe)
Browse the full list of collections
|Sep 29, 2021||favery||
Interstellar meets Groundhog Day (you'll find that comparison apt in more ways than one.) Decent but EXTREMELY frustrating at times.
|Jun 09, 2021||Errol246||
Outer Wilds is utterly unique. The experience throughout is nothing short of mesmerising. Words cannot do this game justice. Even if the core gameplay loop is spoiled for you, this is a must play. The game is easily in my top 10 DESPITE some of the frustrating mechanical hiccups I occasionally experienced. If, like I was, you are on the fence, e.g. because you find the starting area and the tutorial boring: don't be. Just jump in and keep playing until it hooks you. You will know when it does.
|Jun 08, 2021||Bown||
GOAT-level, and not just because of the alien that looks like one! (I can’t remember if there actually is an alien that looks like a goat in this game but it seemed like a good joke so I wrote it anyway)
|Feb 23, 2021||Narg||
Outer Wilds is about many of the best things humanity has to offer: curiosity, bravery, environmental stewardship, music, friendship, learning, love. I cried at the end.
|Nov 05, 2019||Obdurate||
So I understand why the time limit mechanic works but I don't like it on a personal level. That's why I don't rate this higher. However, this game nails open world exploration in a way that most open world games don't. Each planet/place is unique and inspired, truly full of awe. You don't know what you will find.
|Average Percentile 66.95% from 64 Ratings|